Let's get in touch
Ut faucibus pulvinar elementum integer enim. Etiam erat velit scelerisque in dictum non. Augue lacus viverra vitae congue eu consequat ac felis. Vel facilisis volutpat est velit.
What is GST registration?
Who is eligible to register under GST?
Types of GST Registration
Casual Taxable Person
Non-Resident Taxable Person
Key Facts about GST Registration
Steps to complete GST registration process online
- Step 1: Visit the GST portal – https://www.gst.gov.in
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Register Now’ link which can be found under the ‘Taxpayers’ tab
- Step 3: Select ‘New Registration’.
- Step 4: Fill the below-mentioned details:
○ Under the ‘I am a’ drop-down menu, select ‘Taxpayer’.
○ Select the respective state and district.
○ Enter the name of the business.
○ Enter the PAN of the business.
○ Enter the email ID and mobile number in the respective boxes. The entered email ID and mobile number must be active as OTPs will be sent to them.
○ Enter the image that is shown on the screen and click on ‘Proceed’.
- Step 5: On the next page, enter the OTP that was sent to the email ID and mobile number in the respective boxes.
- Step 6: Once the details have been entered, click on ‘Proceed’.
- Step 7: You will be shown the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) on the screen. Make a note of the TRN.
- Step 8: Visit the GST portal again and click on ‘Register’ under the ‘Taxpayers’ menu.
- Step 9: Select ‘Temporary Reference Number (TRN)’.
- Step 10: Enter the TRN and the captcha details.
- Step 11: Click on ‘Proceed’.
- Step 12: You will receive an OTP on your email ID and registered mobile number. Enter the OTP on the next page and click on ‘Proceed’.
- Step 13: The status of your application will be available on the next page. On the right side, there will be an Edit icon, click on it.
- Step 14: There will be 10 sections on the next page. All the relevant details must be filled, and the necessary documents must be submitted. The list of documents that must be uploaded are mentioned below:
○ Business address proof
○ Bank details such as account number, bank name, bank branch, and IFSC code.
○ Authorisation form
○ The constitution of the taxpayer.
● Step 15: Visit the ‘Verification’ page and check the declaration, Then submit the application by using one of the below mentioned methods:
○ By Electronic Verification Code (EVC). The code will be sent to the registered mobile number.
○ By the e-Sign method. An OTP will be sent to the mobile number linked to the Aadhaar card.
○ In case companies are registering, the application must be submitted by using the Digital Signature Certificate (DSC).
- Step 16: Once completed, a success message will be shown on the screen. The Application Reference Number (ARN) will be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID.
- Step 17: You can check the status of the ARN on the GST portal.